The Daytona gazette=news., January 16, 1909
The Advertisement for the Adam Schantz Electric Light Plant announces that electricity will be turned on in "Daytona, Seabreeze and Daytona Beach", on December 1, 1908. The Adam Schantz Electric Plant, originally located on the northwest corner of Segrave Avenue and Volusia Avenue (now known as International Speedway Blvd.), also served as the Lily Water and Ice Plant. Electricity had to be purchased and used before 8:00 pm. The electricity was turned off each evening and turned back on at 6:00 am the following morning.